Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Shrimp & Kale: a match made in heaven

Serve it with a Chardonnay - you've got a winner.

This is an easy-peasy shrimp dish that'll make everyone happy. It's got great flavor, a mean crunch, and packs some protein - as a main dish or an appetizer.
Fresh shrimp is a best-case scenario, but definitely not essential. In a pinch for a dinner party, I used a bag of frozen, tail-on shrimp and thawed them overnight, about 24 hours before when I knee I'd need to prep them for the party.

I prepped the kale (see my blog post on baking kale) and cooked it for 17 minutes at 400 degrees.  While it was baking, I tossed the thawed shrimp into a pan with coconut oil, garlic, cayenne,  salt, and a little fresh lime juice, and sauteed it slowly for about 10 minutes, tossing every now and again. Viola! Its done.

The kale comes out of the oven crispy and crunchy, perfect. Top the kale with the steaming shrimp and arrange it on a serving plate.

Serve it up with a favorite white wine or a cocktail. Guests will now devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment